Friday 2 October 2009

Basin project in a lather

Basin project in a lather

A Brummie joke for you:

Q. What the difference between a Buffalo and a Bison?
A. You can wash your hands in a bison.
The old ones are the best...........



Well I have a basin rampaging around my workshop, rampaging because I am having all sorts of bother getting it to stay put.

The trouble is that because the surround is designed as a fitted unit, it depends on the structure of the boat to keep it rigid, which is a bit of a handicap when I am constructing it 15 miles away at home.

And so I have to build it based on a few basic measurements, a lot of hope and some scope for trimming when I start to fit it in. I know it won't fit - things never do on boats because of all the odd angles, but my carpentry projects always seem to work out all right in the end. Its one of life's mysteries really.


What you see are the bare essentials fixed together in a minimalist sort of fashion, testing out how it will look. I am rather pleased with it so far. Bones - what do you think?

Its a long way from finished so I'll keep you posted.
Just so long as I don't have to pull the plug on the endeavour! (groan).

No comments: